Stuart Moore:
Blog, Biography, Bibliography

Monday, July 14, 2008

Old Nightmares and New

idiotp10

The Nightmare Factory, a book of graphic adaptations of the works of Thomas Ligotti, has been nominated for an International Horror Guild Award in the category of Illustrated Narrative. Congratulations to all my co-conspirators on this book -- particularly my own collaborators, Colleen Doran and Ben Templesmith, who not only illustrated one of my two stories in the book but is actually nominated twice in this category, once for NMF and once for his own lovely Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse.

The Nightmare Factory Volume 2 comes out in September. The page above is from the story "Sect of the Idiot," adapted by me and the very talented artist Nick Stakal. Other contributors include Joe Harris, Toby Cypress, Vasilis Lobos, and Bill Sienkewicz. Heidi Macdonald, our ace editor, has more details here.

I'll post more art as we get closer; Toby Cypress has done a striking and really offbeat job on my other adaptation this time around. Expect to see us touring and signing a bit in the New York area, just like last year.

No comments: